Breastfeeding consults do require a referral that can be filled out by your primary care provider.
Who are we?
- We are staffed by experienced nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- We know about the positive economic, social, and psychological impacts of breastfeeding
- We know that breastfeeding can sometimes be challenging – for moms, babies, and families.
What do we do?
- Monarch Centre Lactation Consultants will see mom and baby as early as one day postpartum
- Monarch patients receive initial breast feeding assessments and follow-up appointments when necessary (typically 1-3 visits). These appointments are planned in co-ordination with mom and baby’s medical assessment.
- For continued support after discharge from Monarch Centre, we use our excellent network and community connections in order to ensure the best care possible
- When necessary, we are able to provide hospital grade breast pumps through our rental program
Finally, we know that where babies are involved, nothing ever seems to go exactly as planned. So we believe that getting high quality advice and support before the baby arrives only makes sense. We run a series of breastfeeding and parenting classes that not only give patients the knowledge they need, but also the confidence to face the challenges that come with being a new mother.